Click here to download a PDF version of the Media Advisory
||September 27, 2017
||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm E.T.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Rotunda, North Tower, 8th Floor
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW,
Washington, DC 20004
Opioid overdose and suicide—What can we do now to address these national emergencies?
Please join us for a very timely event and networking reception hosted by Education Development Center (EDC
) and the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (Action Alliance
) that will bring together public and private sector thought leaders to discuss potential solutions to reduce the burden of “deaths of despair,”
restore hope, and save lives in communities across the country.
Distinguished panelists will discuss health care delivery, law enforcement, lived experience, faith, and the judicial system. Our discussion is especially timely given the pending October release of final recommendations of the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis.
Confirmed panelists include:
To register for this event, click here.
- Dr. Alex Crosby, Senior Medical Advisor on Suicide Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Dr. Arthur C. Evans Jr., CEO and Executive Vice-President, American Psychological Association
- Ms. Brooke M. Feldman, Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Advocate
- Ms. Chelsey Goddard, Vice-President, Substance Abuse Prevention, EDC
- Former Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy, Founder, The Kennedy Forum, and Member of the President's Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis
- Mr. Gary Langis, EDC, Substance Abuse Prevention Consultant and Voice of Lived Experience
- Dr. Ellinore F. McCance-Katz, Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Dr. Jerry Reed, Senior Vice-President, EDC and Action Alliance
- Ms. Kay Warren, Co-Founder, Saddleback Church